Monday, November 30, 2009

Staycation Ahoy!

My first non-traveling, non-holiday, non-weekend time off from work in nearly 2 years! Last week, I kissed the old job good-bye and get to bid the new one hello in 8 days. After the roller coaster I've been on this past year, I think I deserve the breather!

I kicked off my Staycation with a lovely massage from a local massage school. Quite obvious that my masseuse was a student, but a rubdown is a rubdown and I enjoyed my full hour. At $30 a pop, I can afford to treat myself every so often.

Of course, I don't intend for the week to be a complete pamperfest. My Amazon.com shopping cart is only half full of the Christmas gifts I need to buy. My living space is STILL a mess--I pretty much gave up on it right after my last blog entry. There's much to research on my new job so I can go in thinking like a pro. I'd also like to look like one, which involves a bit of wardrobe shopping (darn).

My last goal on the list is to hit the gym in ways I don't typically do so. I've been an avid Zumba goer for several months. I enjoy it, but am aware that it's not the gateway to a magnificent bod. I'll be hitting up a Body Sculpting class that I didn't last 15 minutes in a few years back as well as a different Yoga session taught by a terribly frightening instructor. I'm not out to get the best body in the world, but I'd really like a toned bum and some physical stamina to boot!

It's near lunch for most people. For me, it's time for a shower to wake me up and get this Staycation started!

No comments:

Post a Comment