Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bellissima Cena!

I had quite the busy afternoon and as I write I've just finished dinner and it's almost bedtime already!  Before I hit the hay, I wanted to make sure to share my goodies.

I know I can't be the only one who walks in the door after a long day absolutely famished, just wanting something quick and easy (insert 'your-mom' joke here) for dinner.  I had veggie stirfry on the schedule, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Aside from that, I was craving a huge gooey pizza that I know is completely off-limits at the moment.  While pouting about that, I looked in the fridge for Plan B in the form of Italian cuisine, pulled out a few things, and WAH-LAH!  One Bellissima Burger!  Me, pouting?  Surely not!






It's yummy in my tummy and won't add jiggle to my middle!

Ingredients:
1 portabella mushroom cap (stem & inside ridges removed)
1/2 tbsp olive oil
A few drops of low sodium soy
A few drops of worcestershire sauce (No, I cannot pronounce that.)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 roasted red pepper
1 tbsp pesto
1 Sandwich Thin bun
1 slice cheese, onion slices, slice tomato (all optional)

1: Heat skillet to medium and add olive oil.  Mix the soy sauce and worcestershire together and brush onto the bella cap.
2: Add minced garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.  Add bella cap to skillet, empty side down and cook for 3 minutes, pressing down lightly with a spatula to flatten(especially if it's a smaller, but thicker mushroom).
3:  Flip bella cap and add cheese until melted.  During the last minute, place the roasted red pepper into the pan to heat through.
4: Remove from heat.  Spread bun with pesto.  Place bella cap and any garlic onto bun.  Top with  roasted red pepper, onion, tomatoes, and other half of bun.
5: Eat the heck out of it!!

From fridge to stove to belly took a total of approximately 20 minutes.  Normally, I wash it down with an awesome red, but I made this crazy "No drinking except on weekends" plan (insane, I know).  Thus, I just enjoyed regular ol' water!  Quick, simple, and healthy!

For an equally quick, simple, and healthy dessert check out this fancy treat from Sweet on Veg.  I tried it earlier this week and must say, I'm in love!






That's all for now!  I hope everyone had a fantastic and fancy hump day!  More to come soon!

3 comments:

  1. I totally am trying to not drink during the week too! Almost had a glass of red tonight, but like yourself- grabbed a water! You dinner looks way yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awhile back, I went a few weeks giving myself a glass a night with dinner because it's good for the heart...And then came Weigh Day at bootcamp and I realized it just may not be the best idea. Sad times indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm....can't wait to try this....thank you for sharing xoxo.

    ReplyDelete