Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm Keen on Quinoa!




I found this amazing dish at Epicurious and adapted it slightly based on what I had (or didn't have) in the fridge.  I must say that this is a new favorite comfort dinner!  Earlier this week, I researched which veggies were in season at the moment (winter squash!) which then led me to this recipe.  It's definitely warm goodness on a chilly night!

Tonight was my first attempt at quinoa and I must say, I totally dig it!  For those who don't know, quinoa is the seed of a leafy plant (not a grain) but it can be subbed for nearly any grain.  It's full of protein, fiber, potassium, and iron and digests easily.  Mix cooked quinoa with veggies and spices to eat as a side at lunch or dinner.  Mix it with honey, nuts, or berries for a filling breakfast.  Gotta love the versatility!

As for the recipe: Quinoa with Moroccan Squash & Carrot Stew
Want to see what's in season in your region right now?  Click Here for Epicurious' Peak Season Map!

That's all for now.  Fancy bootcamp tales later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment