Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fancy Mabel? More Like Lazy Mabel!

What is UP with me these days?  I am pretty down on myself and my lack of sincere motivation.  It's getting to the point where I am finding it worrisome.  Of course, "worry" may as well be my middle name since it's more or less my #1 habit in life.

Needless to say, the PBA mentioned in the prior post has been the victor over me throughout the past few months.  I will give credit (definitely not all or even half) to a fairly hectic fall work schedule.  I will also give credit (again, not all or not even half) to boot camp being off the table these days due to an ever-thinning wallet.  I cancelled my cable in an effort to spend less time on my couch, but it doesn't seem to help much.  I run and bike once or twice a week, but the constant stops at the drive-through window before and during work seem to be slowing me down, while also defeating the purpose of saving that $100/month from the cable bill I no longer have.  My energy is pretty zapped, as is my desire to go out and have a genuine good time.  This isn't who I am, nor who I want to be.  I want to get back to kicking ass like this.  I felt so physically great at that time and was pretty on top of the world mentally as well. I miss that girl.

Presently, I am out of town visiting my oh-so-amazing boyfriend aka Mr. On-the-Go Motivational Man.  He's worked to beat my rut with a bit of hiking, dancing, and hoofing it around this extremely hilly town.  Tomorrow, he promises a scenic bike ride or run.  It all helps clear my head and it is in these moments (among several others) that I realize just how wonderful he is to me and why I love him so.  I really do feel he helps bring out the best in me.

Alas, in 48 hours I will be back to reality of the now common solo time that this long-distance relationship has bestowed upon me.  What am I going to do to keep myself accountable and sane and in the direction to get back on the track to healthy, happy, Fancy Mabel?  After all, I know as well as anyone that at the end of the day, the only person who can help me be my best is the girl typing this blog entry. I suppose it is best to start with public goals.  If I write it, and you read it, I certainly must follow through right?
  1. Food Log--write down everything that goes into this purty little mouth of mine!
  2. Exercise--two hours a week (four mornings/evenings) minimum
  3. Tame the Drinking Habit--two days of beverage privileges per week.
  4. Bedtime Ritual--reading writing nightly prior to falling asleep IN BED (not on the couch with the Netflix)!
  5. Blog it Out--two entries per week, for accountability's sake. 
Workout buddies, cooking partners, and motivational cheerleaders always welcome!  Fingers crossed I figure out some method to the madness and FOR REAL hop to it this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment