Sunday, December 4, 2011

New Week = New Chances for Success!

I'll give myself a C for effort last week.  As of yesterday, I was right at my 2 hour minimum exercise goal that I'd set.  Up until say, Thursday around 11:30PM, I'd eaten fairly healthy.  But then I split an order of fries with a girlfriend.  Luckily, I'd gone light on the calories earlier in the day to offset the 2 glasses of Malbec (and the fries I wasn't planning on) so it still technically wasn't overboard.  Friday was a whole 'nother ballgame with 6 glasses of red wine and 1/2 a calzone.  And that is why I decided to restrict my drinking to just two days a week, max.  To make up for it, I hit the pavement for a four mile run yesterday.  I didn't intend to run that far, but found I suddenly had very good motivation to just keep going. 

So here we are at Sunday.  The end of week one or the start of week two (I'm not really sure).  I was craving a yummy breakfast and with the help of a quick Google search, came out with this little number:


At first glance we aren't looking healthy.  BUT I LOVE Eggs Benedict!  Probably because it's not healthy.  Google took me to Eating Well's healthed-up version of the creamy, buttery sauce.  I healthed it up even more by using unsweetened almond milk mixed with lemon juice instead of buttermilk.  I'll be making this again, slashing the salt measurement in half to cut down on sodium--it really doesn't need the amount called for.  

I didn't have any english muffins on hand so I subbed 1/2 of a whole wheat pita, topped with 2 slices of tomato and baby spinach.  Even including the bacon, we're only looking at around 350 calories, 14g fat, and 20g protein.  Not 100% ideal on the fat front, but with all that protein, I don't think I'll be in the mood for a big, big meal for a few hours.  And heck, there's always the ability to sub with Turkey Bacon or forgo the yummy stuff altogether (if you wanna be crazy like that).

Now that breakfast is over, I'm looking ahead to what else is in store for this week: Spaghetti Squash with Basil Pesto Pomodoro sauce for a healthy belly, Park Plyometrics and Hardcore Yoga for a healthy bod, and a bit of Reading, Writing, and Painting for a healthy mind. Ready, Set, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment