Monday, February 6, 2012

Breakfast of Epic Proportions

There's really no other way to describe the awesomeness of the most important meal of my day!  Thanks to my new love of Pinterest, I discovered this gem about 30 seconds before stepping into the kitchen for breakfast prep this morning.  So lucky to discover such a yummy treat and glad to have farmer's market goodies on hand to help make it my own!




Baked Egg in an Avocado
1/2 avocado with pit removed
1 egg
2 small asparagus stalks, chopped
3 grape tomatoes halved and quartered
1 tbsp Feta cheese
Jalapeno Hot Sauce (green Tabasco, anyone?)
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Preheat oven to 425F.  Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.  If necessary, scoop a little more space (depending on size of your avocado and the pit hole).  Put the asparagus & tomato into the hole.  Crack the egg into the hole and top with feta, jalepeno sauce, and salt and pepper.  Bake for 10-15 minutes on a baking sheet or in a cast-iron skillet(until the egg is cooked how you desire).  Prepare to be full and happily satisfied for the next 5 - 6 hours. 

Depending on how much of the avocado you remove to make room, you can add just about anything to the dish to customize it to your own style of delicioso!  Spinach, salmon, peppers, bacon, broccoli, zucchini...the list is endless.  Sadly, I only have one more avocado half and I just cannot decide...Anyhoo, I hope you try it!  Make it your own and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That looks really good. I never heard of such a thing. I love avocados and eggs. These are some of my favorite foods to support my fitness. I would add some jalapenos for a kick. I love that spice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing, you should definitely try it! I think you are right about jalapenos! I didn't have any on hand when I made this, so I had to settle for the green Tabasco instead, which still offered a decent kick. :)

      Delete