Thursday, April 5, 2012

E: is for Excuses

Get rid of 'em!  If it is important to you, you will find a way; if it's not, you will find an excuse.  You only get one body. 
Treat it right! 



Studies show that 150 minutes of moderate activity per week is all you need to make a positive difference.  30 minutes a day, five days a week.  Do the math: we're talking just a measly 2% of your day!  I bet many of you spend more than that surfing channels and the web(don't lie--I'm guilty of this as well and my ass can back me up on that one).
Research has proven that a prolonged sedentary lifestyle causes long term harm to muscles, increased risk of heart disease and other life-threatening illnesses.  Yet, the same cannot be said for the person who stands up and puts one foot in front of the other!  Remember, no matter how slow you go, you're still lapping the guy on the couch!  Whether you get your sweat on in the gym, on the trails, or during commercials in the living room, the point is to get it done.  At the end of the day, the only workout you will ever regret is the one you did not do.

7 comments:

  1. You're right, you're right. I know you're right. Why is it so much easier to write a new story than spend 30 minutes playing a video game (Wii Fit Plus) on the Wii??

    Argh. No excuses!

    (Just another A to Z Challenger...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 6:30am sweat sessions Mon - Thurs and let me tell you, sleeping in is SOOOO much easier than draggin' myself to the gym at that hour. Getting up is the hardest part. Just tell yourself "ok, I'll do this for 5 minutes and if I'm still too tired I'll stop." Chances are, you'll keep going!

    And Wii is super fun! Make it a Wii Party! I've had a blast taking turns with a group of friends. Not to mention, it helps us all laugh at ourselves, thus burning even MORE calories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I preach this message all the time!! Have fun dancing the night away and burning some calories :)
    elayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I'm just trying to remember to practice what I preach more often. Also, it's amazing how much of a glisten a girl can work up dancing when it's 40 degrees out. Yowzers it was a good night!

      Delete
  4. I'm quite a regular at the gym and so if I don't turn up people always ask where I was! I feel the need to have a legitimate reason for not going, plus my personal trainer will get on my case and text me! I get scared. I love going to the gym, doing something active and meeting new people and plus it sets me up for the day. Too many people make excuses to not go, my hubby is one of them, he's recently given up smoking (yay been over 3 months) but always making excuses to not go. He's like a child sometimes, I have to bribe him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you, Dina! A busy work schedule kept me out for nearly 2 weeks when I showed back up, my trainer asked if I finally got a GPS so I could find the place. Congrats to your husband for making that leap! Now if you could just start tricking him into walks after dinner and bike rides on the weekends. :)

      Delete
  5. You are so right - I'm going for a walk!

    ReplyDelete