Sunday, April 8, 2012

G: is for Getting High

...on ziplines!
Yesterday, the boyfraaann and I embarked on our first zipline adventure and I think it's safe to say it has us craving more of the high life! We climbed cargo nets, ran (unsteadily) over rope bridges, hung out on wobbly tree platforms, and zoomed through the trees as fast as the birds.   Both the unsteady climbing and the weight limit made me grateful for all the hard (and sometimes not so hard) work I've put in to keep this bod' of mine in shape.  Don't tell the boyfraaann, but this experience is definitely something that the mountains have over the ocean.

Bridges & Platforms:


Fancy Fashion Sense:



Boyfraaann Zips Through Life:





Wanna get high?  Click Here for a listing of zipline locations worldwide!

12 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!
    Did you scream the neighborhood call on your way down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every. Single. Time. Did you hear?!

      Delete
  2. I am terrified of heights so I'm pretty sure I'd freak out if I ever zip lined, but it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, night zipline tours are available as well! Our guide said that people were less inhibited during those since the distance to the ground wasn't as easy to judge in the dark.

      Delete
  3. Very cool! I've wanted to try a zip line, but we always have our daughter with us when we travel to the kind of places that have them, and she's not interested in trying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go! I'm not sure how old your daughter is, but we had one little girl in our group, maybe six years old or so. She was terrified and wanted to leave for about five minutes and then after the first zip, requested to go first every time thereafter. Giving up the control is a little scary the first time, but after that it's an absolute blasty-blast!

      Delete
  4. How cool!! I went on the longest zipline in the world in Costa Rica. It was incredible. I belive there is a video clip on my daughter's cancer site http://caringbridge.org/ca/ali

    Keep enjoying your trip!
    Happy A-Z April!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am scared of heights but would love to try this. At least once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy! I've always wanted to do that. I even arranged to do it in Mexico's Riviera May, but I had to cancel the trip. It sure sounds and looks like fun! I'm so jealous!

    Nice to meet you, Mabel! I'm a new follower via the A to Z. Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for new friends! We were supposed to do this same zipline last year, but I wound up screwing it up with emergency surgery (go figure). If you get a chance to reschedule, I highly (no pun intended--or is there) recommend it! Happy "A-to-Z"-ing! Hope to see you around :)

      Delete
  7. K... enough! I want to plan a trip for me and Alex to come up, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOORAY! Plan ahead for the last weekend in June (and perhaps a day or two after that). We'll talk, #1! <3

      Delete